This website is operated by Go Active Tours Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales under Company Registration Number 10295622, with the registered office situated at Charles Lake House, Claire Causeway, Crossways Business Park, Dartford, Kent, DA2 6QA. References in this Privacy Statement to “we”, “us”, “our” and “ourselves” are references to Go Active Tours Ltd.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our website.
We will not use or share your information with anyone except as described in this Privacy Statement.
We use your Personal Information for providing and improving the website. By using this website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
WEBSITE SECURITY STATEMENT
We take security very seriously, as required by the UK Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you. We absolutely retain the right to refuse any booking made via our site.
Who is the Data Administrator
The Data Administrator for goactivetours.co.uk is Ian Forrester contactable through our registered office located at:
Go Active Tours Ltd.
Charles Lake House
Crossways Business Park
What Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following categories of data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the website, interacting with the website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you make an enquiry about our products and services. The information you give us will include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, as well as preliminary information relating to your enquiry.
- Information we collect about you. This is information that we collect automatically about your visit during your time on the website. It typically involves technical information and is often collected using small data files called “cookies”. This information helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the website and also to indicate where the website requires improvement. More information on how cookies work, what cookies we use and why can be found below.
- In order to enable you to keep browsing efficiently, we may use “session” cookies on this Website.
- A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Click here to find out more about cookies (allaboutcookies.org/cookies/).
- “Session” cookies are temporary and are erased when you close your browser.
- We may use “session” cookies for the following purposes:
- to help us to recognise you when you move between pages on the Website;
2. to note the pages that you visit on the Website;
3. to allow us to enhance your experience of the Website;
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our Website if cookies are disabled. Please click here to find out how to disable/enable cookies (allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/).
Social Media Platforms
We operate social media platforms. These platforms are, in most cases, operated outside of the EU and do not comply with current Data Privacy Act and subsequent GDPR provision although they may well conform to the U.S Privacy Shield protocol.
It is our process and protocol that any personally identifiable data gathered on these platforms is only in response to users interacting out of their own volition with our marketing pages. The contact is deemed as a legitimate business enquiry. The personal contact data is removed from the site once the enquiry is processed or the user has requested so.
Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Service available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link
- Google AdWords Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout– for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Facebook & Instagram: Facebook & Instagram remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950.
- To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217. Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may provide paid products and/or services within the website. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Uses made of the information
All information about you that we collect or receive, whether of a personal or technical nature, may be used by us in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we, or our selected partners, offer that are similar or relevant to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, such contact will only be made by email or phone from which you can opt out at any time; To notify you about changes to our services;
- To administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system and security updates, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep the website safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- To comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy (please see the “Where We Store Your Personal Data” section below for more details).
Information we receive from other sources.
- We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you.
- We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website;
- Third party support services, such as, but not limited to project management tools, accounting systems and hosting data centre.
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets;
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our clients or others. OTHER IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
- We may use visitor information to measure the entry and exit points of visitors to the site and respective numbers of visitors to various pages and sections of the site and details of searches performed. We may also use this information in the future to measure the usage of advertising banners, and other “click throughs” to and from the site. We have security processes in place to ensure that our customers’ data that is held on a central database is not accessible by any unauthorised persons. However, persons such as IT systems suppliers may need to have access to the system from time to time. We will provide a summary of any personal information held upon request.
- This information will only be sent to the e-mail address on file for the subscriber name associated with it.
- This privacy statement covers websites owned and controlled by us only. Links to other websites and any information collected by these sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you believe that we are storing details relating to you and that these are incorrect or you wish to change or remove them, please contact us on email@example.com or alternatively write to us at the address below and we will correct them as soon as possible:
Go Active Tours Ltd.
Charles Lake House
Crossways Business Park
Where we store your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’, secure servers, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
- Installing a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular back-ups.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the Site; and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it (such as you have withdrawn your consent);
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us at the address given below. We are permitted to charge a small fee of no more than €6.35 in respect of our administrative costs.
If you would like to request the information we hold about you under a Subject Access Request (“SAR”) you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any of your personal details which we are processing are inaccurate or incorrect please contact us immediately:
Go Active Tours Ltd.
Charles Lake House
Crossways Business Park
If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you should contact Ian Forrester at the address given above.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.